Liam Neeson is an Irish actor, director, and producer. He rose to prominence after starring in a series of action films. From his breakthrough role as Oskar Schindler in the 1993 film Schindler’s List to his more recent performances as Ra’s al Ghul in Batman Begins and its sequels The Dark Knight Rises and Justice League, he has become one of Hollywood’s most popular actors. Here are some fun facts about Liam Neeson that you probably didn’t know!
Liam Neeson’s Career
1. Liam Neeson was born on May 13th, 1952.
2. He’s the son of a welder and a hairdresser.
3. His father is from Ballymena and his mother is from Ballykelly in Northern Ireland.
4. In 1971, he won a scholarship to attend Queen’s University Belfast in Northern Ireland.
5. He has been married to actress Natasha Richardson since 1996 and they have two children, Micheál (born 1997) and Daniel (born 2000).
6. Liam Neeson’s first role was as an extra in John Boorman’s 1972 film Zardoz.
7. Liam Neeson started acting in movies when he was aged 45 years old.
8. His breakthrough role was as Oskar Schindler in the 1993 film “Schindler’s List”.
9. The following year, he starred as Michael Collins in “Michael Collins”.
10. In 1995, he starred as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.
11. In 2007, he directed his first feature film “Unknown” which also starred Gwyneth Paltrow who plays his wife; the movie was adapted from Jose Saramago’s novel “O Anjo Mau” (The Angel at My Window).
12. In 2008, Liam Neeson starred as Ra’s al Ghul in “Batman Begins”.
Interesting Facts About Liam Neeson
Liam Neeson was born on May 13th, 1952.
He is married to actress Natasha Richardson.
His son is Micheál Neeson, an actor, director, and producer.
Liam Neeson’s father was a singer and his mother a nursemaid.
He became an Irish citizen in 2009.
Is He The Greatest Actor of All Time?
Liam Neeson won the Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his performance as Oskar Schindler in 1993’s “Schindler’s List”. This was his first Oscar win. He also won a Golden Globe, though he has never been nominated for an Emmy.
Liam Neeson has starred in four films that have grossed over $1 billion at the box office worldwide: “Taken,” “The Dark Knight Rises,” “Non-Stop,” and “Into The Storm.” He is UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and supports several other charities. He is of Irish Catholic descent. He has English, Irish, Scottish, and German ancestry. His father’s family has Irish origins; his mother’s family has English origins.
Neeson was raised in Ardboe, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland from the age of three until he moved to London with his mother at the age of fourteen to join her artistic career. He lived with her for five years until she married again in 1968. At sixteen years old, Neeson began living on the streets of London where he says he learned to survive every day better than anyone else did because it was survival of the fittest.
What Is His Net Worth?
Liam Neeson’s net worth is estimated to be $250 million. He made $25 million in the film Taken in 2008, which led him to the top of Forbes list of highest-earning actors that year.
Liam Neeson is one of Hollywood’s most beloved actors, with a net worth of $130 million. He was born in Northern Ireland and began his career as an actor in Ireland before moving to the US in 1976. His career has seen him play roles on stage, TV, and film, including the iconic role of Oskar Schindler in The Reader, which earned him an Academy Award for Best Actor.