Kelly Clarkson has made a name for herself as one of the best American Idol winners. She was runner-up on the show in 2003 and won it in 2004. Her first album, Thankful, sold more than 12 million copies worldwide and her second album, Breakaway, sold over 15 million copies globally. All of that is well and good, but do you know how she got her name? Or what animal she’s scared of? Learn 10 strange facts about Kelly Clarkson before your next trivia night to win your friends’ admiration.
How She Got Her Name
Kelly Clarkson‘s parents both ran a children’s theater company in Fort Worth, Texas and her mother was a librarian. So it’s not that strange that they would give their daughter the name Kelly. But what is strange is the story behind her last name. The Clarksons wanted to honor their favorite performer, Fred Astaire, so they named their daughter “Fred Astaire Clarkson.” When it came time for Kelly to sign up for school, she had to decide on one of her names, so she picked Kelly because she thought it was more feminine than Fred Astaire.
Why She’s Scared of Animals
Kelly’s fear of animals is an odd fact, but not uncommon. It’s likely that her fear stems from a traumatic childhood event. For example, Kelly says that as a child she found out that one of her dogs had been hit and killed by a car right in front of her eyes. She also has admitted to being scared when she’d see people walking their dogs for the first time after becoming famous.
How She Lost Weight
Kelly Clarkson has been a celebrity figure for years now, but she’s been one at a different weight. In 2012, Kelly Clarkson lost 30 pounds and decided to write a song about it called “Behind These Hazel Eyes.” She was motivated by her sister’s struggle with bulimia and wanted to be able to sing the song in front of her without getting emotional.
What Kind of Car She Drives
Kelly Clarkson drives a black Mercedes S550. She’s not the only celeb to drive an expensive car though. The Queen of England, for example, drives a Bentley Continental GT.
Other Strange Facts About Kelly Clarkson
– Her first album title was originally recorded as My World, but the record label thought she looked like Britney Spears and changed it to Thankful.
– She used to be a backup singer for the band Daughtry and sings on their debut album.
– She’s scared of whales because her mom told her a story about a whale that ate their house in Alaska.
– When she was younger, her family home burned down in a fire and they lost everything.
– Her first son, River, is named after the Revolutionary War song “River of Pride.”
– Her daughter, Phoenix, is named after the mythological bird with immortality.
– She married Brandon Blackstock in 2013. He’s also her manager!
Kelly Clarkson is an American singer, songwriter, and author. She rose to fame in 2002 after winning the inaugural season of the television show American Idol. As a result of the show, she released her debut album in the same year and went on to become an international superstar. In this article, we have listed 10 strange facts about her which will leave you wondering.