Former Vice President Dick Cheney is known for his controversial positions on the War in Iraq, torture, and hunting down enemies of America. But there are things about him that the news has missed. Here are 10 interesting facts about George W. Bush’s VP.
How Did Dick Cheney Get His Last Name?
Dick Cheney’s last name, “Cheney,” is actually a Middle English word meaning “a small piece of land enclosed in hedgerows.” It was originally used to describe a cultivated field, which was often enclosed by hedges.
What’s The Difference Between a “Dick” and a “Dicky”?
A “Dick” is a traditional greeting for a man and his close friends, while a “Dicky” is a very intimate term of endearment.
1) Dick Cheney was born in Lincoln, Nebraska on March 14th, 1941.
2) Dick’s father, Richard Herbert Cheney Jr., was appointed as the Chief U.S. District Court Judge in the state of Wyoming after graduating from Yale Law School in 1937.
3) Dicky graduated summa cum laude from Yale University before earning his law degree at Harvard Law School and then working as an assistant to Republican Senator Joseph R. McCarthy in the early 1960s.
4) Dick has three sons, who all have followed him into politics: George P., Elizabeth R., and William H.
5) Dick Cheney served as White House chief of staff under President Ford from 1975-1977, where he oversaw many of Ford’s scandals like Watergate and the pardon of Nixon aides John Ehrlichman and H.R. Haldeman.
How Old is Dick Cheney?
Dick Cheney is 79 years old. He was born on March 30, 1941.
What Was Dick Cheney’s Middle Name?
Cheney was born Richard Bruce Cheney. But his father, who was an officer in the United States Army, wanted his sons to have English names. So Dick Cheney’s father renamed him to John Herbert Cheney at birth.
Who Was Dick Cheney’s Wife?
Cheney’s wife Lynne was a lawyer and former chairwoman of the Republican National Committee. The couple married in 1952 and have five children together.
Why Did Dick Cheney Hate Democrats?
One of Dick Cheney’s most controversial decisions was the War in Iraq. He was known for his strong stance against Democrats, who he called “the party of treason.” Of course, Democrats and Republicans are different parties and don’t exactly hate each other, but Dick Cheney still had some pretty strong thoughts about them.
Was Dick Cheney The Best President in US History?
Many people think that Dick Cheney was the best president in US history and this is because he helped the country resist terrorism. In reality, his presidency was unique and difficult at times.
1. He had a secret family
Cheney came from a broken home and his father died when he was just 9 years old. His mother remarried when he was 12 and Cheney entered adulthood as part of an extremely close-knit family unit. Out of all the members of his family, only his sister knew about Dick’s first marriage to Lynne Vincent.
2. He has held multiple high-level positions
Dick Cheney served as Secretary of Defense under George H.W. Bush, Chief of Staff to Gerald Ford, Vice President to George W., and had the second-longest tenure in the history of the U.S Presidency behind William Henry Harrison (10 months).
3. He has been married three times
Dick has been married three times: once during high school, once during college, and finally to Lynne Vincent who is still alive today, along with their daughter Elizabeth Anne Cheney who is now a dentist in Boston.
4. Has six children aged 41-48
Currently, Dick Cheney has six children aged 41-48 which consists of two daughters, one son, two stepdaughters, and one adopted daughter (from Guatemala) named Maria Therese Argueta.
Everyone is curious about their favorite celebrities, but many people don’t know much about Dick Cheney. Many people have a lot of misconceptions about Dick Cheney. Here are ten facts you didn’t know about the former Vice President.